On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 09:28:12AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 08:11:21PM +1200, Tim Nicholas wrote:
>
> > The problem seems to be when netscape (4.6) trys to render the html. it
> > just doesn't. It will download all of the files but then leaves the page
> > blank.
> > this is the only page that i have found which does this.
>
> It should render it.  The main problem appears to be that Slashdot is a
> huge table, and if Netscape doesn't manage to download the *entire*
> front page, nothing except the top gets displayed.  Most other pages
> aren't quite so big and complex.  Normally when this happens, I find
> that reloading fixes it.

sadly that seems not to be the case, reloading does not really help but what
 have noticed is that is i hit the back button then sometimes it will show the
page for breif second, if i hit stop or esc then then it stays and i can read
it.

 If i look at the source then it appears to be complet.

> > Another friend of mine had the same problem untill he setup a proxiserver
>
> It may be that the proxy is improving the downloads.  It might pay to
> investigate the quality of your network connection, or to try viewing
> at different times of the day.

So far as i know thw comnnection is fine, i have not had any corupted downloads
at all, and i have used the same modem on several different phone lines.

thanks for your suggestions,

tim

--

Tim Nicholas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ# 15869961

"Let the frantic Goddess and delerious drunk cry together in shadow for the
puppys sad stare, the forest and the death of the moon."