Miles Bader <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > I honestly don't mean to start a holy war here, but I'd like to
> > know:  Is there anyone who prefers Emacs to XEmacs, and why?

I am trying to stay out of this thread (because discussions like this
always become holy wars) but I couldn't let this one pass.

> The Xemacs' group rather selfish position on source-code assignments
> (so that the FSF can use their changes) also makes me reluctant to
> support them in any way.

Even if "selfish"ness were a proper descriptions of motivations of
previous XEmacs maintainers (which it isn't) then may I remark that
almost all of the people who work on XEmacs in some major way have
copyright assignments on file at the FSF and people who contribute to
XEmacs are all encouraged to do so (although it is not a requirement).

Jan (@xemacs.org).