John Miskinis ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> In any case I would be love a pointer to some info on libc6, I'm
> very confused.  Or a note stating that 2.1 is not possible on slink
> if applicable.

You can upgrade slink to glibc 2.1.  I've done it, and it causes no
problems as far as I know.

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and make the non-comments look something
like this:

  deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
  deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib non-free

Then `apt-get update' and `apt-get install libc6'.  (Potato is the
codename for the current unstable release.  Potato has some packages
that don't work quite right yet, but libc6 is not one of them.)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers,