On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 11:23:45PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> I have recently installed netscape 4.7 communicator on my slink system.
>
> I don't want to use for all my email, but would like to use it to email
> messages to webmasters or while I am browsing the web.  I cannot figure
> out how to do it.  What is the "movemail" program netscape refers to?
> Does netscape use exim? And fetchmail?  To me it seems if it provides its
> own pop software.

No, it uses the pop3 svr you did tell him. And the same for smtp svr.

i.e.: I have a svr which retrieves automatically my mail from all the
P.O. boxes I have, and I have exim installed on it. So, I setup
Netscape to send mail to my svr, and to retrieve it from it too; but
if you have no mail svr @ home, you can set them to external svrs.

> Can I use pine, exim, fetchmail, procmail and netscape together for email
> or is it not recommended.

In this case, avoid to setup the P.O. box auto-seek because it will drop
all the mail in ~/nsmail/Inbox.

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in Wonderland";