On 12/03/99 02:41PM, aphro wrote:
> based on your email i make the assumption that you may not be fully able
> to install/setup linux on a laptop(one of the more complicated platforms
> to install to due to the hardware in them) i suggest you attempt to seek
> out someone who can help you in person. most linux users are more then
> happy to assist and installation for a new user for no charge.

Just an addition to your comments...

She might seek out a LUG in her area. Where I live, we have a great
LUG. There are frequent install-fests where new users are helped
through the installation process.

Unfortunately, most users seem to have RH installed. When will the see
the light?

> learning how to use linux is more important then learning how to install
> it.

True, but you can't do one without the other. Anyway, there are many
more complicated tasks that someone running linux will face. IMO,
setting up and troubleshooting my home network was 10x harder than the
installation.

 ) Mark Wagnon      ) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      )
(  Chula Vista, CA (  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (