I've discovered that the Slink pdflatex doesn't do everything I'd like it
to do, so I'm trying to force LaTeX proper to incorporate Computer Modern
Type 1 fonts into its PostScript files for conversion to PDF later.

I have all the Blue Sky fonts, and pdflatex uses them, but LaTeX still uses
the ugly Type 3 CM fonts. Everything I have read about this problem
suggests that I need to make a trivial change to psfonts.map to get this to
work, but I don't seem to have a psfonts.map file. Is my installation
broken, or is this standard for Debian?

Any help with getting Type 1 CM fonts to work with LaTeX will be much
appreciated.

Ron H-E

--
Ron Hale-Evans: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ... <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/>