*- On  7 Dec, Joe Block wrote about "Re: Is Corel Off Topic ?"
> I don't think so.  It is based on debian, after all.
>
> A friend and I were having trouble getting a working X setup on his
> Latitude laptop with a regular slink install, but the Corel installer
> detected his Neomagic chipset and set it up perfectly.

Slink uses X 3.3.2a which does not have support for the Neomagic
chipsets which are popular in laptops.  Corel upgraded X to 3.3.5 which
does have support for the Neomagic chipsets.  You can get the X
3.3.5 debs for slink under http://www.debian.org/~vincent.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.