Well, there probably isn't much you can do about this. Everything I've seen with
Netscape indicates that it regenerates the preferences.js each time it runs.
This
means that when it's shutting down it probably opens the file for writing
without the
append bit. If the file system is full at this point the calls to write to the
file
probably just fail. You could probably report this to netscape but there's
little they
could (or would, I imagine) do to fix this. You just need to keep your disk from
filling up. Why not write a wrapper script for netscape that will calculate
available
disk space when before it starts and the write to this same preferences file the
preference to limit netscape's cache allowance size to something less than
what's
available. This should fix the problem unless you're creating other files while
running netscape.