make sure the cdrom is on /dev/hdc
type 'mount' to see existing mounts, something may be mounted on /cdrom

use dmesg | more to see where the cdrom is.

nate

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

photiu >Hi All. Can anyone help with this? I get the message
photiu >/devhdc already mounted or /cdrom busy
photiu >when I try to mount the cdrom. Tried top, fuser and ps l to try and
find out
photiu >the pid to kill whatever process is using cdrom but nothing.
photiu >Is the only way to reboot or is there another way?
photiu >Any and all help appreciated.
photiu >
photiu >
photiu >
photiu >
photiu >
photiu >Visit Excite Shopping at http://shopping.excite.com
photiu > The fastest way to find your Holiday gift this season
photiu >
photiu >
photiu >--
photiu >Unsubscribe?  mail -s unsubscribe [EMAIL PROTECTED] < /dev/null
photiu >