when i want to change network settings to take effect everytime it boots i
edit /etc/init.d/network

hope you enjoy debian, ive played with a few rh boxes and they about drove
me mad.

nate

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Paul M. Foster wrote:

paulf >
paulf >Just transferred over from Red Hat 6.1 to Debian 2.1. My NIC card worked
paulf >fine in Red Hat and appears to work okay in Debian _if_ I issue an
paulf >
paulf >ifconfig eth0
paulf >
paulf >command. Naturally, though, I'd like this to happen on boot. I have the
paulf >appropriate lines in conf.modules, but I have a feeling there is some
paulf >setting somewhere in the init/rc hierarchy that I need to make to have it
paulf >automatically load. In addition, it appears that the NIC card is not
paulf >associating with a real IP address, only 0.0.0.0. Any idea how to fix
this
paulf >as well?
paulf >
paulf >Paul M. Foster
paulf >
paulf >
paulf >
paulf >
paulf >--
paulf >Unsubscribe?  mail -s unsubscribe [EMAIL PROTECTED] < /dev/null
paulf >