I'm trying to setup a connection of an multimeter to ttyS0. It gives a steady
stream of lines to the port. (CONRAD VC96 for whom who knows)

When I use minicom for this, it works fine. The input is written on the sceen,
can be saved and so on. I can leave minicom with ^A^Q and then cat /dev/ttyS0
writes the lines to the screen.

But I have planned to program some functions to this stream at least maximum,
minimum, average and others.

So I tried to do the following in order to get rid of minicom:

>stty -F /dev/ttyS0 -parenb cs8 cstopb cread ixon isig ispeed 1200

to set the required 1200,8,N,2.

I couldn't change the setting of the port at all. stty -F /dev/ttyS0 -a shows
the change, but cat /dev/ttyS0 shows nothing.

The permissions are: crw-rw----   1 root     dialout    4,  64 Dec 28 21:00
/dev/ttyS0; I'm in the group dialout, but only minicom changes actualy the
settings - nothing else I found - stty and setserial.

Any ideas?

Matth