thanks for all the replies ..i have a better idea ..sorta :) earlier i
caught my server with 18 active connections running on only 2 processes(18
idle servers) running Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21 AuthMySQL/2.20
FrontPage/4.0.4.3 ..i set it to start 20 servers, max 250 connections, and
ulimit is set to 125 processes.

im just curious cuz I approved one of my customer's requests to post
somethign to slashdot.org and i wanted to at least TRY to make sure my
machine doesnt crash if what he posts is approved by slashdot and mass
geeks swarm my server :)

nate