Ok..i've been playing around with this for the past 2 hours and still its
not doing what i'm expecting it to do ..(i just ordered the sendmail book
from www.ora.com to help me too) i reconfigured sendmail to use
mailertables(via sendmailconfig) and set /etc/mail/mailertable to include:

.aphroland.org  smtp:firetrail.com
.mac-resources.com      smtp:firetrail.com

but it appeaars it is ignoring the mailertable(i've restarted sendmail ~50
times) totally. it still refuses to send mail unless the user exists
locally or the domain is not hosted/MX'd by me.

another thing -- the domains themselves (i.e. the ip for aphroland.org) is
hosted on galactica(the one with the problem) while the MX is on bebo(the
mail server) does this introduce any odd things that may cause this to
happen? i still think the mailertable should work..but apparently its not.

*big sigh*

thanks!

nate