hi all

the time on my machine is seriously messed up - currently my machine is already
on Feb 15, 2000.  digging through the package database i came across ntp and
ntpdate and installed both (i have an always on connection to the net).  all i
want to do i to keep the time on my machine correct.  so now i think i only
need ntpdate when i try to run ntpdate it complains i need specify a server to
ask. is there a list of machine that listens for ntpdate connection? where? do
i need to get permission (something to do with auth stuff) to ask those
machines for the time?

thanks
pd