Right now I've got my Debian-based server acting as a DNS cache. I'm in the process of moving a domain from one hosting company to another, and I'd like to be able to test things as if this domain was pointed at the new server instead of the old. I'm not quite ready to update the domain records with InterNIC though.

Is there some way I can make my local DNS server report back to me that amimedia.com is 209.68.1.210 instead of the old IP, but without having to change things for the rest of the world? I'm not a Bind whiz, so pointers are much appreciated.

I don't want to drop the DNS cache since it speeds things up most of the time. Eventually I'd like to add DNS to another LAN I run, so I'd like to use this as a chance to start learning how to configure Bind as opposed to just adding another entry for DNS caching (to point at Pair Network's DNS for the new amimedia.com IP).

Alec Smith