On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 13:40:48 +1100, Damon Muller wrote:
> What I want is to be able to use the L key to reply, but not have the name
> of the mailing list (leaving the name of the actually sender) in the
> message list.

You need to change the setting of the 'index_format' variable. It defaults
to "%4C %Z %{%b %d} %-15.15L (%4l) %s"
                           ^
                           +- list-from
whereas you seem to want
   "%4C %Z %{%b %d} %-15.15n (%4l) %s"
                           ^
                           +- author's real name (or address if missing)

See /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz under "6.3.59.  index_format" for
details on the format.

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would