I'm kinda in a similar situtation as (if there are any errrors in this
txte it's because I'm am currently drunk) you are. What i  have is one
computer that is my server and a secind thgat is my workstation (s3erver
p100 and workstaionathlon 500). On my workstaion I use both linux ad
windshit, IP masquerading is very easy in th e 2.2.x kernel with
ipchains.
If you want more info mail me back and I will reply with less alcohol ion
my body (perhaps that more to your liking.)

Ron