This is normal, and done by kernel to keep memory full all the time, so
access time to binaries is less (so your machine works faster). This can
only be a problem on systems with low RAM (I remember having 48M, and
having it all full.....going into swap even when I was just running X
alone). If you don't like it, there are 2 files you can tweak:
/proc/sys/vm/pagecache and /proc/sys/vm/buffermem
Read about them in kernel docs, but with 256M you have nothing to worry
about. Just turn off the swap, and never touch it again.
Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]