Hi Rafael!

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Rafael Caetano dos Santos wrote:

> Is it possible to be a motherboard problem? Mine is a SiS (I forgot the
> model), with all those PCI, PnP, onboard adapters (sigh).  But I guess
> this bears no problem with respect to serial ports.  BTW, I've got a
> (real) modem running without problems under /dev/ttyS1.

Nah, it's probably not the board, I've got one myself and they're crummy but
work. And since it is both a problem in X and with gpm, it might be you don't
have a link between /dev/modem and /dev/ttyS0. Both X and gpm use /dev/modem
out of the box.

root:~$ ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/mouse

should do it.
'Luck, AP