Hi all,

I am attempting to install the stable version of Debian 2.1 distributed by
O'Reilly.  All is fine until install asks me to identify the CD-ROM where
the Debian CD is.  All of my drives are SCSI and this includes the CD-ROM.
The floppy is IDE and I am booting from it (."This disk uses Linux 2.2.12
(from kernel-image-2.2.12_2.2.12-1)")

I selected 'scd0' from the list of CD-ROM devices and this does not mount.
When I [alternate] [F2]'d into the other virtual console I found that
/dev/scd0 is "not supported by the kernel" by attempting to mount the CD-ROM
manually.  The block device 'scd0 is in /dev with a max of '8'. An error
message during the mount process stated that I should try loading a driver
using a loadable module - I presume for the proper SCSI driver.  The boot
parameters offered at the boot prompt [F5] helps didn't include one for NCR
(???).  Any suggestions as to where to go from here?  This is getting a
little over my head <grin>.

What "should be" (I guess):

Digital Celebris XL 590 (i5861) with 130 megs RAM  w/

SCSI Adapter = NCR 53c810-0 - NCRPCI 3.05.3
/dev/sda1 = 1st  Fujitsu M29545-512, 4.1 gig - Windows 98
/dev/sdb1 = 2nd Fujitsu M29545-512, 4.1 gig - Linux Boot&Root
/dev/sdb5 =                      "                                   -
LinuxSwap
/dev/sdc4 = Iomega Zip Drive 100 meg
/dev/scd0 ????? = Toshiba XM-5301TA CD-ROM

Thanks for your time!

Rob
Belvidere, NJ