I'm running Debian 2.1 and am trying to install the
latest secure version of Apache 1.3.9.  It actually
installed fine, it's just not starting.  When I
attempt to start the server, it says it can't open
libm.so.5.  I'm pretty new to Linux and had no idea
how or where to find the library package that
contained that library.  When I get that kind of error
where it's looking for a certain library, how do I go
about finding out what .deb package will instgall it?
I searched Debian's site for a description of what
packages provided, but had no luck.  I finally found a
.deb file called libc5_5.46-3.deb that actually
installed this file on my system.  However, when I
tried to run Apache, it gave me another error:

line 171: 1215 Segmentation fault    $HTTD

I then chucked the idea of installing the secure
version of Apache and installed the latest version,
Apache 1.3.12.  It installed fine, but once again,
when I tried to start the Apache server and it
generated a different error:

error in loading shared libraries libdb.so.3.  Cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Where do I find the .deb package that will install
libdb.so.3?   I seem to be having a major problem with
libraries and have no idea what package provides the
libraries I need.  I can't find a document that lists
all the libraries that a certain package provides.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]