On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Ron Farrer wrote:

> Hello;
>
> I created a script (called fetchmail-on) and placed it in
> '/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/' so that it will get executed when ppp connects. For
> some reason it doesn't get execute 'fetchmail'. I can sit there (with
> 'ps aux|grep fetchmail') and see that the script itself gets executed. I
> can even directly execute the scrip and it runs correctly. It's just
> when pppd runs it, it fails to do it's job.

Try 'ps auxf|grep fetchmail' to see who's the owner of the job (proberly
root or pppd). The logfiles should then proberly complain about 'no
mailservers specified', or something like 'fetchmailrc must be owned by
you'.

I had the same problem until i launched 'fetchmail -d60' while being the
correct user. Most of the time the fetchmail-daemon keeps on running, even
if there's no connection... (so far, so good :-) )

> Any ideas what might be going wrong?
> TIA,
>
> Ron

hth