Jeff Green wrote:
> Why download the CD? seems daft to me. Just download 5 floppies and then
> let the install followed by apt-get download what you actually want.

Unless you are on a dial-up PPP connection, in which case you must also
download the base package.  I *just* went through this not too long ago.
The 'net install does *not* support installing the base packages via PPP.

However, having said that - once I got the base installed everything else
went smoothly.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.