I am running Debian Potato on a machine which is totally SCSI ( I
feel that way myself sometimes) and includes a PlexWriter
CD-Writer and a SoundBlaster Live 1024.

I hadn't used my machine this morning and I happened to enter the
room to hear clicks coming from both speakers.  I tried lsmod and
no sound modules were loaded.  I also discovered that every
movement of the mouse produced rapid clicks from the speakers.
The mouse, by the way, is on IRQ 5 and the sound card on an IRQ
above 10.

Using the keyboard also produced clicks as did ejecting the CD
tray (no CD).

I decided to close down and reboot the machine.  The clicks
continued right through closedown and didn't stop until the
machine actually started to reboot.

Any ideas?

Barry Samuels