Jonathan Markevich wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 05:05:48PM -0400, Richard Black wrote:
>
> > I have just upgrade to wine (my first upgrade of wine for some time).
> > I've run into a couple of problems.  The first one was:
> >
> > shared libraries: libwine_unicode.so: cannot open shared object file: No
> > such file or directory
> >
> > which was readily fixed by adding /usr/lib/wine to my
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.  However, after this, wine just hangs whenever
> > I try and use it (it will print out the version number and help screen
> > though)
> >
> > Does anyone else have this problem?
>
> Yes, I had it, I added a line to my /etc/ld.so.conf file and reran ldconfig.
> That worked fine.
>
> I used to have big problems with the font cache, try going to your ~/.wine
> directory and deleting the font cache files (it should be obvious).  I've
> used newer ones since (0829 is the one I think I'm using right now, I get it
> from www.hungrycats.org/~drunkard)
>
> Let me know if it works.

It doesn't seem to work with version 20000801 (although it does get the of the
initial library problem nicely--thanks).  I still just end up with a hanging
wine
(and that is after deleting all the config files and reinstalling wine) :-(

thanks

Richard

begin:vcard
n:Black;Richard
tel;fax:416-971-4159
tel;home:
tel;work:416-217-4350
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Algorithmics Inc
adr:;;185 Spadina Avenue;Toronto;Ontario;M5T 2C6;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Financial Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;-18400