Greetings,

As some of you know I'm converting to a SCSI system this week when my hardware
arrives.  I've started giving a thought to what I need to backup, save, or
generally have available to me offline so I can get my system back up and
running in quick order.  Then it occured to me it might be possible to avoid
a reinstall completly and just "ghost" from the ide over to the scsi.  Is it
possible to:

1. boot the installation floppy
2. launch a shell
3. bit by bit copy everything from the ide drive over to the scsi
3. go into the scsi drive and mod lilo to point to it
4. install onto the mbr
5. reboot

Is that possible?  Or would I be better off just going to a new install?

Regards,

Wm