Hi,

I am trying to get my voodoo3 to work on potato. It seems like
softwares cannot find the card and cannot be accelerated. The 3dfx.o
module is loaded alright and I also have /dev/3dfx c 107,0 too.
But when I run test files that come with libglide2-dev, they give
me errors like this even when I run them as root.

ayame:vachi$ /usr/doc/libglide2-dev/examples/tests/test00
test00:
Clear screen to blue
2.60.00.0415
Resolution: 640x480
Press A Key To Begin Test.
gd error (glide): Can't find or access Banshee/V3 board
gd error (glide): grSstSelect: non-existent SSTSegmentation fault

and with programs in mesademos, they give:

ayame:samples$ ./accum
gd error (glide): Can't find or access Banshee/V3 board
fx Driver: ERROR no Voodoo1/2 Graphics or Voodoo Rush !

I am running X in [EMAIL PROTECTED] and MESA_GLX_FX set to fullscreen.
Can anyone get it work in potato? I used to get my old voodoo1 card
working under slink with this similar set up.

I have the following package installed.

ii  glide2-base    2.60-6         Voodoo detection and texture utilities
ii  libglide2-dev  2.60-6         development files for libglide2
ii libglide2-v3 2.60-6 Graphics library for Voodoo Banshee and Vood
ii  mesag-glide2-d 3.1-17         Development library for Mesa [libc6].
ii mesag3-glide2 3.1-17 A 3-D graphics library which uses the OpenGLii mesademos 3.1-4 Example programs for Mesa.
ii  mesag-glide2-d 3.1-17         Development library for Mesa [libc6].
ii mesag3-glide2 3.1-17 A 3-D graphics library which uses the OpenGLii device3dfx-mod 2.3.4-2+ayame. Device driver source for 3Dfx boards for 2.x ii device3dfx-sou 2.3.4-2 Device driver source for 3Dfx boards for 2.x

crw-rw----    1 root     audio     107,   0 Oct  4 02:10 /dev/3dfx

Thank you in advance

---
Vachi