On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 10:59:46AM +0400, Rino Mardo wrote:

> > 2)  I have exim installed currently.  I tried sendmail, as my previous
> > setup had been sendmail + install-sendmail (a perl setup script), which
> > had been pretty painless, and had gotten everything delivered w/ the
> > right addresses and whatnot, plus setup fetchmail easily.  I tried doing
> > the same setup on Debian, and it doesn't seem to get along real well w/
> > the install-sendmail script.  Since I'm not masochistic enought to want
> > to edit sendmail for my simple home setup, I was looking towards
> > masqmail, but I need to know what I need to do to get it to accept mails
> > >from fetchmail.  I read thru the docs, but something wasn't working
> > right, because fetchmail couldn't get a response on port 25.
> >

> hmm, fetchmail uses ETRN and not SMTP (port 25).  debian 2.2 with exim works
> fine out of the box
> so why compound the problem?  what is it your trying to accomplish?

Huh?

<snippet of fetchmail -vv>
fetchmail: forwarding to localhost
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL
FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> SIZE=2891
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
is syntactically correct
fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is syntactically correct
fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
fetchmail: SMTP< 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
</snippet>

Fetchmail doesn't *have* to use SMTP for delivery, but I believe that is
the default.

--
/bin/sh ~/.signature:
Command not found