On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 12:03:26AM -0400, Chris Gray ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 01:25:28AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > In the longer term I'd like to keep my need to move from the keyboard to
> > the mouse as low as possible, to slow the onset of things like RSI. I
> > was wondering if any disabled Linux users had come up with anything
> > (remembering that Windows has something like "MouseKeys", not that I
> > ever needed it while I was still using Windows).
>
> You can hit <Shift + Num_Lock> to get something like MouseKeys using the
> number pad.

Where the heck is this documented?  I think I knew it once, but I
must've forgotted it before I was born.

Playing with keypad plus modifiers, it seems that hitting a <shift> key
various times effects the accelleration of pointer movement.  Or maybe
not.  The '5' and '+' keys appear to emulate mouse button 1 (left).  I
can't find my middle and right mouse button equivalents.  Anyone?
Diagonal movement works, though, which is cool.

How about a mode to start X without a mouse?