At 11:34 AM 10/16/00 +0300, you wrote:
I've tried to make my HP Laserjet 4L to work for two nights now, and I am in
need for some help. The problem is: gs prints ps-files so that only one
fourth (top-left corner) of ps is actually printed (fitted on one sheet).
I've checked ps's with ghostview, and they are shown just like they should
be. I've tried with many of gs's Laserjet drivers, with same result. Command
I've used: gs -q -sDEVICE=ljet4 -sOutputFile=/dev/lp0 test.ps HOWTO points
out this problem, but tells that I should tweak driver's source. Is this
really the only way? And what about ifhp, could I use it instead of gs? With
it I've been able to print text files perfectly, but from ps's only couple
of lines containing postscript commands prints out.

How much ram does your printer have? I did work with a LJ 6L (ugly little vertical thing) that had only 2 Mb ram. I mean - my wristwatch has more than that!

Another 2 Mb of HP ram was gong to cost $195 NZ (170 litres of petrol) and a Hypertech 16 Mb module was $150ish NZ. 18 Mb of ram and such problems went away :)

--
Criggie