After doing an apt-get dist-upgrade (with stopped kdm) today I'm not longer
able to work with KDE2. kdm starts and gives me the blue backgound only.
Sometimes - I could not figure out yet under what conditions - it gives me the
kdm-login window but without icons and it wont take any keyboardinput.

When I start KDE2 from console it starts up but it gives me the desktop with
icons only - no panel. Rightclick brings the menu but logout does nothing.

Kernel 2.2.17, 128MB, (plenty of HDspace)

Anyone expirienced this or similar things or any tip how to fix this?

Matth