I'm curious to know what strategies are used by regular subscribers
to this list to deal with the high volume of messages (>250/day)?
Suppose you only want to see messages with certain keywords in the
subject line, or only replies to your questions, and filter out all
the others?  Also, is there any way to filter the messages **before**
downloading them from your ISP to your local machine, which takes
time in itself?  (Note: I am just getting started with Debian, and
am not yet familiar with most of the packages.  This message is being
written from an e-mail client program (Eudora) in another OS.  Eudora
doesn't seem designed to handle huge mailing lists - I hope there is
something better in Debian.)

Lawrence H. Robins
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]