> 1)  What office software is available (preferably free, but non-free
>     is fine) for Debian?

   Both GNOME and KDE have office suites available for them.  However,
though it's not a Debian package, my favorite is StarOffice.  StarOffice
is now GPL and though it's a pig for resources, I've found it quite easy
for typical secretaries and newbies to use/learn.

> 2)  Are there any printers recommended for use with Debian?

   Most printers work fine with Debian.  Make sure you install the
magicfilter package (and its various dependent packages) and then run its
"magicfilterconfig" command.

--
 Regards,                | Need some help with Debian GNU/Linux?