On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Glyn Millington wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 01:15:48AM +0200, thus spake Martin Fluch:
> > On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Timmy Douglas wrote:
> > reading message 1 of 3 (16420 octets)
> > fetchmail: timeout after 60 seconds waiting for listener to respond.
>

> I don't think your problem is with fetchmail, but with whatever is waiting
> on port 25 to receive the post from fetchmail.  Sendmail/Exim/Postfix
> usually lurk there to receive the goods. Which MTA are you running?  What do
> you get if you do
>
> $telnet localhost 25

Darn! ... I knew that it would be something like this. On Saturday libc6
was updated and it tried to restart inetd and probably failed (or
something similar). Exim didn't start on port 25. Stoping and then again
starting inetd (not /etc/init.d/inetd restart) did the trick.

Thank you!

Martin

--
This is Linux Country.
In a quiet night,

For public GnuPG-key: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]