Scalar wrote:

>This isn't about debian but about the list..
>
>Would it be acceptable for the listserver to add a few
>letters at the beginning of the subject to distinguish the
>list from other email?
[...]
>If the listserver appended something like "DEB " to the
>front of a non-reply subject, it'd make these posts much
>easier to sort through.
>
>For example, my message out to the list would look like:
>  DEB Deb-List Subject Line Tag?
>
>And followups would read:
>  Re: DEB Deb-List Subject Line Tag?

Well, that wouldn't work.  What about Debian Dev, and Announce, and
etc.?  You'd have to use [deb-user], [deb-dev], and what have you.
There goes 10 columns that can no longer carry info.

And to think, I've been wanting the other lists I subscribe to to lose
the habit.  It's a serious waste of high dollar screen real estate.

I'm thinking this is an idea whose time has long gone.
--
gt                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 If someone tells you---