"David A. Rogers" wrote:

> You might want to rethink your purchase.  3dfx is going out of business early
> in the new year.  They have sold their intellectual property to nvidea.

In business or not, 3Dfx hardware is arguably still the best-supported
and most-fully-functional fast 3D using Free software.  Regardless of
whether or not there will be new products from nVidia based on 3Dfx
designs (I'm sure there won't be), GLide is still 100% free, and the
drivers can still be tweaked and tuned to be faster than they currently
are.  But I'm not bitter...;)

--
-=|JP|=-                "Why, oh, why didn't I take the blue pill?"
Jon Pennington        | Atipa Linux Solutions   -o)

6D04 39E0 CAE9 9ADA 2CA3  2EBE 898A 6C37 CA1E A29C