Thaden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> if I give either stable or unstable as target release, it wants to
> install gcc 3.2 (the following NEW packages will be installed:
> gcc-3.2-base libstdc++5 transcode).
> Is it possible to install gcc 3.2 besides gcc 2.95 currently installed
> on my system? or should I expect to run into problems?

You can both gcc-3.2 and gcc-2.95 installed at the same time without
problems.  Which one you get when you run just 'gcc' is determined by
the 'gcc' package you have installed; for a long time it was gcc-2.95,
but it changed fairly recently in unstable to gcc-3.2.  You can also
explicitly use gcc-3.2 or gcc-2.95 if you need one version or the
other.

--
David Maze         [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://people.debian.org/~dmaze/
        -- Abra Mitchell