Hello I have a DSL modem with a SMC EtherPower II Ethernet card. Before
installing Debian I used the Windows 'winipcfg' utility to find out my IP
address, DNS servers, Default Gateway, Subnet Mask and DHCP Server.

During the install I loaded the Epic 100 module, and entered the above
values in the Configure Network option. I assumed this would be enough to
let me access the Internet.

However, after completing the installation and rebooting I could not connect
to any sites, nor could I ping any servers. For example if I do a 'ftp
ftp.debian.org' it instantly tells me it is not found. (It takes no time at
all; doesn't even seem to look)

Any advice? How can I get this to work? I'm using 2.2r2

Thanks
--Jason/Xylon