on my dual boot machine, a windows reinstall always overwrites the mbr to
boot straight into windows.  I always keep boot floppy around so i can
boot and re-lilo the thing.  If you are having problems getting lilo to
load windows, the line i have in my lilo.conf to do this is

other=/dev/hda1
   label=win
   table=/dev/hda

and that works for me.  You may also want to change the Delay=20 line to
something more than 2 seconds, as its easy to miss that window if you
arent paying attention to yuor machine booting.

-Casey