I'm thinking of getting a better digi-cam.  I now have
an Olympus D340R that works very nicely under gphoto.
I'd like to get a 2 or 3 mega pixel camera with a zoom
lens.  I'm considering the Nikon coolpix 800, 880, 950
or 990 and the olympus D490, C2020, C3000 , C3030 or
C3040 models.

The olympus D450 model is listed as working under
gphoto and so is the D3000 (think they meant C3000) so
with luck the other models mentioned should work as
well.  The Nikon coolpix 950 and 800 models are listed
so maybe the others are as well.  Can anyone confirm
which of these cameras will work under gphoto?  Also
what is happening to gphoto?  Seems like the web site
hasn't been updated in almost a year and the download
link for the latest sw is broken.  Hope development is
continuing.

Also I have downloaded the printer module for
gimp-print from their website to use an Epson
photo-750 printer.  Any advise on how to add an entry
to printcap for this (printing through LPD).  I
currently have an HP LJIIID running as lp (lp0?) and
will either add the epson on a second printer port, or
have it share the one with the LJ via an AB switch.  I
understand that the linux LP drivers don't use
interrupts so I could share an interrupt level between
two printer cards right?

Thanks for any help!

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!