On 14 Feb 2001, Kent West wrote:
> T. Green wrote:
>
> > HELP !!!!!    newbie !!!!!!
> > I am using creative ensoniq audiopci card model es1371.
> > i am not getting any sound form it, nor am i getting any sound when i
> > run realplayer
> > can anyone tell me what i am doing worng, are what is needed.
> >
> > i am using debian 2.2.17 potato verison
> > thank -you
> >

> As root, do a "modprobe es1371". If that doesn't work, do an "lspci" and
> an "lsmod" and post the results. Also the result of "dmesg" might be
> interesting.

Or don't use modules, at least to start with (as advised in the Sound
HOWTO).  If you compile the driver directly into the kernel you reduce
the layers of possible error. Personally, I don't use modules at all.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian (Windows-free zone)
For electronic books, skeptical essays, and over 100 book reviews, go to:

Clear your mind of cant, Sir!
[Samuel Johnson]