On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Leonard Leblanc wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with using wine?  I am currently doing alot of
> web development at work and _really_ hate using windows.  Unfortunately, I
> don't find Gimp or any other Linux graphics alternative to match up to Adobe
> Photoshop or Imageready.  So basically what I want to know is if any has any
> success/failure stories running windows apps under linux (preferably adobe
> products)

There is a list of what works with wine at www.winehq.com.

But often newer fancier programs don't work completely (or at all) under
wine.

Ther are other windows emulators that you could look at like win4lin.

and If you have the ram (like >350MB) you can get vmware, which allows
you to run windows in it's entireety under linux.

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

                        Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]