On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, ^chewie wrote:

> > I did an apt-get update today on my alpha 'unstable' system and nearly
> > required new trousers this morning when I almost pressed 'Y' to this
> > little lot...

[Perl 5.6 reorg, revert to stable/testing]

OK, the easy route sounds like a good plan :) Alternatively, I might just
not do any upgrades for a couple of weeks until perl sorts itself
out... as I remmeber, I was using unstable because quite a few of the
packages I needed either weren't in testing/stable or were quite decrepit
old versions..

> Incidentally, when you do 'dist-upgrade' on unstable, you're simply
> ASKING for trouble.  At the most, would only run the following in a
> cron job:

Oh god no I don't run it automatically! I wouldn't even do that on
'stable' - I like to be at the console when I do it, to catch any odd
errors as they appear...

Thanks for the reply :)

Kind regards,

Gavin.