"Neil Grant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I am trying to create a dumby package for qmail, I have created a ctl file
>from the template (the attached file),
[...]
>parsechangelog/debian: error: badly formatted heading line, at changelog
>line 1

You need a "Source:" line in the first block of the control file;
"Source: qmail-dummy-package" would do. You need to change "Package:
qmail_dummy_package" to "Package: qmail-dummy-package", as underscores
are used to separate package names from version numbers. You should
probably also move the "Maintainer:" line to the first block of the
control file.

HTH,

--
Colin Watson                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]