On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Andrew Perrin wrote:

> True enough - but recognize that Samba's advantage is that it runs on
> the stable OS, so you don't have to load anything at all on the windows
> side!

I'm not a fan of NFS... but it can be useful in situations where file
permissions are important... and Samba can be /such/ a bitch to configure
permissions properly - more often I end up giving full guest access and
just limit it by IP rather that deal with mapping users, etc.

Also, it's handy having an nfs server for working directly on source code
from Windows, else the Unix host would appear on the local Network
Neighbourhood =)

gdh