On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 04:25:28PM -0500, Jorge Santos wrote:
> > > Unless of course you use vi...
> >
> > Ding! :)
> >
> > email: mutt
> > news: nn
> > editor: vim
>
> Mind you, you could ditch those three, and just use (X)Emacs with
> Gnus, you'd also get a ton more, when you start using Emacs, you

I could... but then I like the interface. Esp nn's for news. Also
I prefer to stick to 1 tool-1 use type of thing and then put things
together. (this kind of modularity rocks my world :)

Also, it means I can go to any box, install say mutt and vim and
only wind up installing a few meg worth of stuff to get a familiar
interface rather then:

[14:56:40] [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/root>> apt-get install gnus
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  emacs20 emacsen-common
  emacs20 emacsen-common gnus
0 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/10.3MB of archives. After unpacking 31.5MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

:)

(and yes, trying hard not to start a holy war :) just stating my preference
and reasons for it. you go your own way :)

--
CaT ([EMAIL PROTECTED])         *** Jenna has joined the channel.
                                <cat> speaking of mental giants..