I have apache and mysql installed and working.
PHP is installed but when I open a .php file through
the web browser it asks to save to disk.  The file is
in the web dir and .php3 files work fine.

this is what i have in the apache conf files

httpd.conf
 LoadModule php3_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp3.so

mime.types
application/x-httpd-php                 phtml pht php
application/x-httpd-php3                php3  phtml
application/x-httpd-php3-source         phps
application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed   php3p

srm.conf
AddType application/x-httpd-php3        .phtml .php
AddType application/x-httpd-source      .phps
Addtype application/x-httpd-php         .php

I have spent a few hours in the user arcives and what
i found has not helped.  Thanks