Why are you trying to rebuild your rescue floppy?  The Linux kernel already
includes excellent 3Ware drivers so IIANM your rescue floppy should already be
able to access the RAID array.  If you are using such an old version of Debian
that it predates the 3Ware products... you might want to consider upgrading your
distro instead of sending back your hardware.

All of the drives are supposed to be on the RAID controller.  That's good
design.  RAID boots fast, especially 3Ware RAID 0.

Also, if these are new systems they probably include a CD-ROM reader, correct?
You should be able to boot directly from the Debian CD if you set the correct
option in the BIOS.  Booting from CD is much faster and MUCH more reliable than
booting from a floppy.

Shawn Yarbrough
[EMAIL PROTECTED]