> has anyone out there been able to get DRI working properly with XFree86
> 4.0.x and a 3dfx board?
>
> it _seems_ to work, but framerates are low... not at low as with software
> rendering, but low. i also get horrible flicker when polygons are redrawn.
>
> i was told that installing libglide3 would help - it did, but not
> enough. i still have the same problems. i also tried the debs of cvs
> dri. it did not help at all.
>
> everything worked perfectly with xfree86 3.3.6, mesag3-glide2 and
> libglide2.
>
> my system is a k6-3 500, 192mb ram, with a voodoo3 2000 16mb agp card.
>
> not on the list, so please cc any replies to me.

I've pretty much followed the docs on DRI and X site about setting up the
Voodoo3 card. Points of note:
1. You need either the kernel tdfx module, or DRI one.
2. DRI ONLY works in 16bpp, not 24bpp (took me a while to get that one).
3. I use xlibmesa3 and xlibosmesa3 libs.
HTH,
  Andrei

First there was Explorer...
Then came Expedition.