Verily, on 27 May 2001 12:36AM (-0400), Carl Fink thusly proclaimed:
-> Assuming you did install 'em via dpkg/apt, you might try reinstalling
-> them (which would replace your existing binaries and conf files with
-> the ones from the package), then uninstalling.

Yep, I did install them via dpkg/apt-get. As for your suggestion, it;s not very
feasible because I have no idea what else isn't reflected properly. I would
have to test each and every package.

Regards,
--
Eric Boo
Sunday, May 27, 2001, 12:42 PM

http://magicman.freeshell.org

It is easy to find fault, if one has that disposition.  There was once a man
who, not being able to find any other fault with his coal, complained that
there were too many prehistoric toads in it.